Working through January is never easy. After enjoying Christmas parties and time off with loved ones, going back to your office can feel like a shock to the system. And if you feel that way, so can your business.So here, to get you through the winter slump, are our tips to beat the business blues!
1. The average working day is, in the depths of winter, longer than the hours of daylight. Winter months bring freezing, dark mornings and long evenings, meaning we lose any time in natural light to an office chair. A great way to tackle this slog is to make time for netwalking events! Get into the outdoors with your colleagues and make getting into nature part of your working day – a sure way to perk up your growing business! Go to our article on why nature is good for your business to see the boost the outdoors can give your business.
2. Booking a staff day or night out can be a great way to boost staff morale and connect with your team. It doesn’t have to be Christmas to be social, and mingling with your team away from the office encourages a positive atmosphere all year round. It doesn’t have to include booze or uncomfortable shoes; afternoon tea, for example, is an ideal way to relax and talk to your colleagues in the quiet – and the daylight!
3. Apply for some awards! With reflection on the passing year and your new goals right in front of you, compete for some fantastic awards to give your office a buzz of excitement. Writing the application in itself can help you re-focus on your business goals and think about where you want to go. Shortlisting can be the icing on the cake, much like it was for us at Chatterbox when we were runners-up in the Cardiff Life Awards Business Services category – read all about our exciting night on our blog!
4. Encourage a natural energy boost! Reaching for the comfort food can be tempting to get you through the day, but these can often make you feel sluggish and heavy. By providing some healthy snacks such as fruits and raw vegetables or nuts and seeds, you can help your employees gain a balanced source of energy and feel that little bit lighter.
5. Sometimes, less is more. Ask your staff what would make their working day easier or happier. Letting them know that you care about their wellbeing, as well as the wellbeing of your business, can be the easing of pressure they need to work through the next few weeks.
If you’re using the winter months to plan your marketing strategy for the year ahead, give us a call on 029 2167 9090 or drop us a line via our website!